Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day





This year was me and Sam's first Valentine's day together. I wanted to do something special for Sam cause he had to work all weekend. He always works so hard and does so much for me! I baked him a delicious dinner of halibut and crab cakes. It was soooooo good, not to brag but mmmmmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it! Then I made a yummy lemon raspberry cake (I've been craving one since our wedding. That was the flavor of the middle layer of our wedding cake that we served, and they were supposed to save us a piece and they forgot, and I still think about it!) Then I sent him on a treasure hunt with cute heart clues to find his Valentines treasure. It was such a good night. Sam wrote me an amazing poem, that of course made me cry, and he's helping me buy an office chair that I am in love with, even though he thinks it's a waste of money and I'm crazy :) Thank you Sam for being so good to me! I love you so much!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

How cute are you sta!! I miss you so much!! What a fun Valentine idea...and his poem was So sweet!!I'm so glad you have a blog now...I love peeking in and seeing what you are up too! If you ever get too cold up in UT...you guys should come down here and thaw out!! Love you!! Hope you are surviving this hard month! You are always in my thoughts and prayers!!

Sara said...

That is so cute. You are a good wife and a good cook. Your cake looks so good. It's making my mouth water.

Kimberly Ahlgren said...

Hi Stacia! I love to read how you are doing on your blog. That was an amazing poem! I am so glad you have such a wonderful man. Congratulations!

Kimberly