Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Remembering my hero...


Tomorrow it will be 2 years since my dad passed away. He truly was and is my hero. He taught everyone by his example how to live a great life. Time has gone so fast. It's strange, the day is still so vivid in my mind. I remember every detail..what I was wearing, what I felt like, how he looked (which was so peaceful, like he was sleeping and would soon wake up)and even though it seems like it was yesterday, it also seems like it was forever ago.

I am so lucky to have had the chance to spend 32 years with the most amazing man I've ever known as my father. He was so kind, caring, patient, generous, giving, and full of unconditional love. He was firm when he needed to be, but we all knew inside he was a big teddy bear. I had so much respect for this man as I was growing up(and still do)that I was never afraid of the punishment I would receive if I did something wrong, I was more hurt by the feeling that I had let him down.

My dad was never concerned for himself but always put others first. Our love for each other was more important to him than any suffering that he had to go through. He never complained. Just like his amazing sister who suffered with cancer for 13 or 14 years and never complained once but just kept serving others. We would ask my dad how he was doing, and through his scratchy, weak voice, that he could barely speak with, as he was in pain holding his head would say "I'm doing great".

I am so proud to be the daughter of this amazing man. I miss him with all of my heart and wish I didn't have to live the rest of my life without him, but I know that he is and will always be there for me. I hope that I can make him proud and carry on the amazing legacy that he has left for us to folllow. I love you dad!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a tribute to your wonderful father. I have it on my calander and planned on calling you tomorrow. It doesn't matter how much time passes you still miss them the same. Sometimes I think I need to call and tell my mom what Warner just did. It's a crazy thing, but I know they are always with us. I love you tons and tons and hope tomorrow will be a good day. I will be and have been thinking about you. xoxoxo

House of Ham's said...

Such sweet words about your dad! It does seem like time is going so fast and so slow at the same time. You are so good to write these things down and keep them for your kids to read & remember one day.

ciara said...

Way to make me cry! How neat! I love hearing all the wonderful things about your dad. I can tell you are a lot like him:) He is very proud of you. I hope you have a good day tomorrow. I will be thinking about you. I also love your Valentines post below. You guys are so cute together! I always hoped one day that my brother would marry someone who I really liked and could hang out with. And I must say-I love your guts!!!!! ;) Your the best Stacia!!!!!!!

Tiffany said...

I love you Sta!!

Ben and Darci said...

Wow, in that picture of your dad where he was quite young I can really see the similarities between you and him. I enjoyed seeing all those pictures of him. Through the pictures and your descriptions of him, I know he was (is)such a wonderful person, just like you :)

Meags said...

what an awesome post! your dad sounds like such an amazing man! way to tear me up! i am so grateful for forever families! i enjoyed reading this ...