Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our Christmas Nativity


Every year as long as I can remember, for Christmas Eve we have a family program with singing and talents and stories. But the best part is the story of the birth of our Savior. My mom would help us kids dress up, then my dad would read the story of Jesus' birth from the bible as we would act it out. It was always my favorite part of christmas. We would do it even as adults! Once we had grandchildren in the family, they were able to carry on the tradition that I was so fond of as a child. It is so sweet to watch! As Chuck reads the story from the bible, and the kids act it out, I can't but help have such wonderful memories of my dad, and how he was so much like our Savior. I'm so thankful for a wonderful family and their great examples to me!

1 comment:

ciara said...

That is so neat!!! I think that is something that every family should do! I love your pictures, and all the costumes:) I bet its a crack up watching the little kids while they are acting!!