Sunday, December 7, 2008

Baptism weekend



Saturday was baptism day!
Our nephew Thomas(on my side), and our neice Kelcey(on Sam's side) both got baptised. It was such a special, awesome day! It reminded me of my baptism day and how special I felt and how happy I was. It is one of my greatest memories about my dad.

Since I started dating Sam, my nephew Thomas fell in love with him. He stole my place as favorite! When Thomas's parents asked him who he wanted to speak at his baptism he said, "SAM!!! IT HAS TO BE SAM!!!" So since I'm married to Sam I got suckered into speaking by default :) It was such a great experience though, and I am so flattered that Thomas loves us so much he would let us be a part of his special day.

After Thomas was baptised in the morning, we headed to Moroni for Kelcey's baptism. It was also so great. Kelcey is such a little sweetheart and you could just feel the spirit so strong when you looked into her smiling eyes.

We are so lucky to have such amazing families and the gospel in our lives. It was so good to be reminded of the simple pleasures in life this weekend and so good to be with our loving families

3 comments:

Naquel said...

Hey Stacia, you guys look like you had a great weekend. I love going to baptism's. That's so cute that Thomas likes Sam so much. What a cute kid!

Aimee said...

How fun!

I can't believe that Nick will be old enough for baptism next year (his 7th b-day is tomorrow) Time's flown by! Time for me to start remembering mine!!!

ciara said...

Cute post:) I like the pictures. And it sounds like you guys did a great job on your talks! Good job!