Friday, February 19, 2010

I Love You Dad!!!


Dear Dad,

Hey pops! I couldn't sleep so I thought I would write you a letter. Today it has been exactly 3 years since you left this earth to watch over me from heaven. I think about you every day, and miss you with all my heart. I wish you were here to give me advice, and hug me when I hurt, and dry my eyes when I'm sad, and tell me to "keep the faith, everything will be ok". But even though you aren't here, you are the voice I hear in my head comforting me, and encouraging me, and giving me strength, just like you always did.

Thank you for being such a great example to me, and teaching me with patience and love when I was so young and made so many stupid mistakes. Thanks for never giving up on me, and having faith in me when mine struggled. I knew I could succeed and find happiness because you believed in me and told me that I could. I have such big shoes to fill...I hope I am making you proud dad.

I love you with all my heart, and even though at times I long for you to be here, I am grateful for the 32 wonderful years that I did have with you. When you passed on, little Thomas cried and asked Heavenly Father why He had to take you when he had prayed for you to stay with us "for 10 more years". Then he told Heavenly Father it was ok, he knew that He needed you more than he did. So even though sometimes I cry and ask why you had to leave me, I too know that Heavenly Father has a plan, and I will see you again. For this I am eternally grateful.

I love you so much dad! Thanks for who you are, and who you make me want to be!
Now stop playing with those grandkids of yours and tell them it is time for them to come to earth :)

Love,
your sweet little Sta

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the cry Sta. Your dad is so proud of you. I agree he needs to let those little babies bless your life. Send them and sent them in doubles!!! Love you girl!!

Tiffany said...

Now that I am officially bawling my eyes out...I LOVE YOU STA!! You are the most amazing person!! Your dad could be nothing but proud of you! I am so glad that I had the chance to live with you for a couple years and get to know you so much better...your soft and sweet personality is just like your dad's--always happy and always smiling...and always positive! I can't wait to meet all of his sweet grandkids he's playing with up there!!!

And your trip looks like soooo much fun--please remember all of our hook ups we have with hotels--and I bet Marc can hook you up at the ritz!! :) Good deals are sure to sweeten the taste of vacation!!

Unknown said...

Well, it was not a great idea to read this at work!!! By all means! I love love love this post! And I'm excited for your little ones to come so I can tend!!!!!! Yay! Love you!

Hawes said...

Glad I read this at home and not at work! I love you Stac.

Ben and Darci said...

I love that letter to your Dad! No tears for me....until the last line!