Sunday, February 14, 2010

ALOHA!!!

Let me just start by saying that next to Sam, vacation is one of my biggest loves! I love love love vacation! Did I mention that I love vacation ? :) There is just something about being in another part of this beautiful world that you have never seen or experienced before. Having no phone, no job, no laundry, no worries or responsibilities, and just relaxing and enjoying the company of loved ones in a beautiful place is so therapudic for me. This year for our christmas present we booked a cruise of the Hawaiian islands. Since it was triple the price the week after Christmas we decided to go in February instead. It was AMAZING! Hawaii is such a beautiful place and we had such a great time. Sam wasn't so sure at first if spending the money would be worth it (he hasn't traveled much) but I quickly convinced him that it would be priceless memories and he gave in to my puppy dog eyes. Us Westover's LOVE to travel. Sam, being a Cook could take it or leave it, but after this amazing trip I think I can soon completely covert him to Westoverism :) hehe! (Oh, by the way, I still don't know completely what I'm doing when I post pictures with captions, so the explanation for the picture is BELOW the picture, not above it)


This is us overlooking the war veterans cemetery in Oahu
This is at the top of Diamond Head mountain overlooking the city of Honolulu and Waikiki beach
The coast of Maui viewed from our ship
Some famous lookout that was filmed in the movie Jurassic Park
A whale swimming to the surface. We saw so many whales so close to our ship! It was so cool!

On the big island of Hawaii we went to see the volcanos. This lava flow was from the exact month and year of my birth. Sam said I really am as old as the hills :)
This was also on the big Island of Hawaii. They have black sand beaches because of the lava (or as Sam would say, liquid hot magma!)




We were walking down the beach on Kaui and this monk seal was just laying there on the sand. If you got to close though it would start growling at you!

This was on the island of Kaui. I think Kaui was the most beautiful of all the islands
You can see our ship here in the distance. Sam was amazed at how huge the ship was
These are both of the coastline of Kaui. These point and shoot cameras just don't do justice but it was truly breathtaking!



The temple in Oahu. How beautiful is that?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

If Sam doesn't convert to Westoverism let me know and I'll join you on vacation. Looks like you had a fabulous time!! I've never seen your hair wavey....cute!

STEPHANIE said...

Looks like so much fun! We spent a week in maui years ago and absolutely loved it!

Ben and Darci said...

I'm glad you guys had fun...you'll have to let us know all about it because we want to go to Hawaii sometime and can't decide whether to do a cruise or fly there and stay at a resort. Looks like a blast!!!

House of Ham's said...

Oh man im jealous! You guys are so lucky to be on vacation somewhere warm! I love the pics and i LOVE your curly hair! Im glad you guys are out having fun! miss you
coly

Naquel said...

I was so excited to see your post! It looks like it was a great vacation! I want to do the Hawaiian cruise:) It would be a great way to visit all the Islands. You guys look great!

Unknown said...

Um that looks amazing! Hey if Sam ever has a problem with traveling, just let me know, and I will gladly take his place!!!! Cute pics!!